Thursday, August 18, 2011

Backtracking

I've been thinking a lot on the direction my jewelry has been going and I've come to realize I'm not entirely content. I've always had an intense love of all things victorian and vintage, and suddenly for some reason I started working in a more gothic direction. Sure, I wear mostly black, and I went through a gothic stage a few years back. I still wear the occasional noir piece. But I'm not being honest with myself.

What I want to make, is back where I started. My jewelry sprang from that love of victoriana, the lavish jewels and splendid array of colors. I miss brass. I've worked in dominantly silver for the past several months and I miss the brass. I'm a grown woman, and I think the gothic look is a little immature. It's great for a certain audience, but that audience isn't mine.

I'm looking forward to starting the fall season with some more victorian inspired designs. I'm letting an injured thumb heal, then it's back to work.

No comments: