Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goodbye, my lovely

I've always been a little on the fence about this piece. I was so excited to get the materials, thinking I had the perfect design in my head, only to get them all home and together and realize it wasn't really what I wanted. I played with them for a day or two, moving them around my bead board waiting for the magic to happen when the layers were in perfect harmony. I think I settled when the magic didn't happen. I was just determined to have it made.


It's gotten good reviews. People seem to like it. And it got a lot of attention at a local festival when I had it at the booth. But I'm tired of having it here. I feel like it's mocking me, being a second thought design.


Seeing as people seem to really like it, I've decided to donate it to the local Art Reach of Mt. Pleasant to be put in the annual silent auction. I hope it is a good contribution to the cause.

No comments: