Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things To Love Thursday

There are a couple shops from my Vintage Fusion Treasury that I would like to draw your attention to. These shops are stunning.



The first is Blasphemina's Closet. What drew me in first were the hair accessories. Upon closer inspection of the shop, I was captured by the clothing as well.


I mean, look at this dress!! "This is a one of a kind art deco dress inspired by pieces in the decorative arts wing of Minneapolis Institute of the Arts. All of the pleats were hand measured, the brocade and velvet ribbon made to mimic the look of a particular chair." I ADORE fashion inspired by art. It reminds me of my favorite Project Runway challenge where their final runway piece was to be inspired by something from the Metropolitan in New York.


The second shop is a fellow Michigan artist. Wendy Beath Creations has an abundance of gorgeous things! The mixture of flowers and feathers is done with a casual grace that quite honestly makes me jealous. There isn't a single hair piece in that shop that I don't adore.

And paper flower earrings, how often do you see that?

1 comment:

wbj said...

Thank you for including me on your blog! I posted a link on my FB fan page to draw some more people for you.