Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh Sweet Ruin...

I was browsing my activity feed on Etsy this morning and someone in my circle added this treasury to their favorites. I was initially attracted to the treasury because it focused on teal, and it is my favorite color. But the first item that jumped out at me, was this mask, by Sweet Ruin.


My first reaction was 'Why have I never seen this shop before!?' I was blown away. She describes her shop in this manner "...where you will find odds and bits of tattered charm, faded velvet and broken yarn..." Such a wonderful description. The shop has a difinitive charm, a cohesion that lets you know that the items in this shop are the artist personified. My hat's off to you, Kathe Knitch, for knowing who you are and being such an inspiration. I feel like a kid in a comic store.....

2 comments:

Nirriana said...

very chic! a must have for a masked ball ;)
love that style!
Btw love your new flowers! Specially with the gold in, maybe you could do with glitter too? A girl loves her sparkle ;)

Peacock Tres Chic said...

Thank you!! I've contemplated the clay with glitter in it, but I've had experience with clay similar in texture that I didn't care for so I'm hesitant. But you can buy shimmering powder that you can dust on before baking that I can't wait to try!